The people's assembly hall is located in the north of the west section of kaifeng free road and faces south. When feng yuxiang came to power in henan for the second time in 1928, he ordered the construction of education to promote social development. It was completed in 1929. It was built with the demolition of the rescue bitter temple bricks and tiles, timber, etc., formerly known as the national grand theater, after feng yuxiang changed as the people's assembly. After the completion of the people's assembly hall, the scale is grand, quite spectacular, the building is 3 storeys high, it was the largest indoor public place in henan at that time.
People's hall in 1932 changed its name to guang zhi yuan, in 1935 changed its name to the Chinese theater, in 1938 changed its name to new civilian the grand theater, resumed in 1945, formerly, in 1949 changed its name to the people's cinema, cinema, in 1950 changed its name to the people in 1953 changed its name to the sino-soviet YouYiGong, 1960 theaters for the people. But people still call it the people's assembly. In 2005, the people's assembly hall was opened as "xinghai jiadian city" by lease. The people's assembly hall has long been a venue for theatrical performances and large conferences have been held here. Mei lanfang, ma lianliang, li wanchun, li shaochun, yuan shihai and other famous Peking Opera performance artists and crosstalk masters hou baolin, ma ji and other artists have performed here.
After the founding of new China, the people's government allocated special funds for repair and reconstruction. The main facade of the hall hall was converted into a local 4-storey brick masonry structure, with four large columns standing upright in front of the door. The interior is changed from 3 floors to 2 floors, and the east - west side hall and stairs are changed into reinforced concrete structures. In 1979, the people's congress strengthened roof frames and replaced roof tiles and ceilings. In 1992, the roof was transformed into a concrete slab structure with all-steel net frame, with unique architecture and high cultural relic value.
In May 2002, the people's congress was announced as the kaifeng cultural relics protection unit.