Located in the central part of the city, east of the drum tower square, dongkou is connected with gulou street, ma dao street and bookstore street. West to xinggong jiao, and zhongshan road intersection, and the provincial front street across the road. The south is adjacent to the millennium temple, and the north is connected with the three people hutong and the drum tower. It is not only one of the most famous and prosperous commercial streets, but also the axis of kaifeng. Sometimes I think that if the street and the extension cord of this street are folded in half, then the whole opening would be easily picked up like a sheet of paper. Therefore, temple back street is very important to kaifeng.
There are many histories and stories about this street. In the TV series "children of the river" written by teacher wang shaohua, there are many stories in the back street of the temple. It's the same in the show, it's the same in real life. According to historical records, the back street of the temple was called the east street of chayuan in the Ming dynasty and the back street of xiangguo temple in the qing dynasty. In 1927, the temple was changed to the zhongshan market and then to the back street of the zhongshan market. In 1935, it was renamed as the east street of provincial capital road. The name of the back street was restored in October 1948. Change name again and again, have respective reason. For example, in the Ming dynasty, it was called the east street of jianyuan because it was here in the Ming dynasty. It was called provincial capital road east street in 1935 because the provincial capital was in front of the present provincial capital street. Street changes with the trend, which is also the inevitable development of history.
A place name is a history, a place name is a story, and sometimes several or more stories are added together. It's a bit like reading a chapter back in a historical novel, and when you open the title page, the stories and The Times come to you. The back street of the temple connects from ancient times to modern times, from top to bottom, from east to west, from south to north. To extend it a little bit further, it connects the entire opening. Such as in the temple, the drum tower street boys as the axis line, the important thing from east to west wall wall, will involve the jose home bridge street, the school gate, palace, the former capital of street, west gate, DingJiao Street, etc. The series of names is an important chapter in kaifeng's novel, and each chapter is enough to bring back the spirit. Take the promontory corner next to the back street of the temple as an example. During the reign of emperor guangxu of the qing dynasty, emperor guangxu and cixi lived there for more than a month on their way back from xi 'an.
As for the prosperity and leisure of the back street of the temple, it can be seen from the familiar name of the century-old shop in this street. Since the Ming dynasty, temple back street is the most prosperous commercial street in kaifeng. In fact, it is not only the Ming dynasty, even back to the song dynasty, here should also be a prosperous commercial street. After song taizu emperor on the throne, cancelled a curfew, and on both sides of the YuJie different lane, when the song dynasty has been popular night market, even at some still can run to the dawn. The back street of the temple is on the side of the imperial street. Ming and qing dynasties are still in the ascendant. Some old names are still in operation, such as le rentang, jing guzhai, xinhua building, bianjing pickles garden, Lao wu mei, meiguang photo studio and wan chunfang. All these old names, like pearls, hang on the back street of the temple, making the back street shining.
The most unforgettable thing is the "temple" in the name of the temple back street. Because the street is built on the side of the temple, the temple is deeper because of the street. The monastery was assistance. It is said that the monastery of assistance was established in the sixth year of the northern qi dynasty (AD 555). In the first year of the tang dynasty (712 AD), rui zongli Dan, a great minister of state, was awarded the name of the monastery and the title of the imperial book in honor of his successor as prime minister. The northern song dynasty was listed as a royal monastery. Even now, the monastery of assistance is known throughout the country and around the world for its fiery atmosphere. The legendary stories surrounding the monastery of great assistance, such as the story of the mountain gate of the monastery of great assistance, and the story of lu zhishen's falling down of a willow tree, are also stories of great capacity.